Short-Term Student Programs

Hosting international students for a short-term program

We provide support to IU Bloomington schools, departments, and regional campuses who want to bring international students or scholars to IU for short-term programs. We will assist you with visa documentation and processing admission decisions (if there is credit-bearing coursework involved).

The first thing you need to do is contact the Office of International Partnerships to discuss your program plans and share a draft agreement with them. You should do this well in advance of your visitors' arrival date. Contact International Partnerships staff for more information.

To request immigration documents (I-20 or DS-2019) for short-term program participants, you need to submit two e-forms in iStart.

  1. Short Term Program—Visa Type Evaluation
  2. Short Term Program—Immigration Document Request

To begin the process, submit the Visa Type Evaluation e-form. We will use the information you provide to determine the appropriate visa type for your program participants. Once we've determined the appropriate visa type, we will send a follow-up email with instructions for submitting the Immigration Document Request e-form.